Marketing is very dynamic if you are want to be effective.
As a marketer you need to:
- Answer the actual questions
- Solve actual problems
- react on news and actuality
- Act and react on social media
- React on competition
But marketers are used to work based on a budget driven marketing plan. Campaigns and promotions are planned far before and based on the available butget. In stead of what you expect to earn with the campaign or the time you earn it back (Return on investment).
My vision is that that marketing will perform better and marketers will be more motivated if marketing is able to act fast in short cycles.
Learn from the short cycles and use the learnings when something similar get actual.
But what can be the main challenges that marketers and marketing departments:
- Make marketing ROI driven
- Make marketing data driven
- Move from waterfall to agile projects
- Create a culture of testing, move away from budget driven marketing
- Focus on questions of your potential clients, not answers
- Focus on problems of your potential clients, not your solution.
I have some ideas to solve these problems and I am looking for partners (preferable freelance marketeers) who are seeing similar challenges with their clients.
But first I would like to know if it is an active problem more marketeers see.
If you have experience with marketing, how should you rank this challenges?
Can you explain why?
Please drop your answers in the comments or send me a message via the contact form or via twitter @ywanvanloon.